Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Houston TX, in the rankings...

I took my Dad see a stand-up comedy show last night for his Birthday after gorging on Niko Niko's for dinner. The show was at 'Mango's Cafe' on Westheimer. There were 4 comics in the evening's lineup. A female comic named Dusty Rhodes who was funny in that uncomfortable self deprecating way, a guy who I cannot remember the name of who was heading to LA to try to get picked up for a sit-com I suppose, and @ChaseDurousseau, a "Khaki N-Word" as he told us Slim Thug referred to him on set once.

The headliner, and the reason for my attendance, was @PaulOddo , a comic currently living in Queens, NY but who grew up in the same neighborhood that I did. He was absolutely hilarious, his style of comedy wasn't one of telling jokes and hitting punch lines, but rather just telling stories of the weird crap that happens to him from day to day.

The night was closed up by Paul's little brother Chris Oddo's band 'Mikey and the Drags'. If you like loud garage rock you'll enjoy them.

Viva La Revolucion!

Austin

Video of Paul Oddo in NY

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell Err'body What I Said!